Hey everyone! Happy New Year!
Are you settling in to 2017? Have any resolutions this year? Typically, I’m not a huge “new year resolution” kindof gal. To me, it’s too much pressure at the start of the year and six months in I usually find myself forgetting what my resolution was that I made on NYE just before midnight (likely a bottle of wine(s) in…whoops. Inside voice!).
This year, my mantra is “own it”. I’m owning my goals, owning my business desires, owning my outlook, owning my faults and owning my strengths. C’est tout. You?
On an exciting note, my brother and his girlfriend finally got engaged!!! Yup, awesome.
We couldn’t be happier. They’ve only been together for over 10 years! What? I know. When they posted their engagement pic on social media, their hastag was #pigsreallydofly! We’re thrilled, I’ve always wanted a sister and so excited for all the wedding fun. Speaking of wedding, Mr. Fix-It and I are heading to Halifax this weekend for a family wedding. So fun. It’s like a mini vacay for us. No kids. Just us. Can I get an AMEN!
With all this wedding busyness that’s been around the last few weeks, one of the random wedding conversations we had at the cottage over the holidays was about bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts. Not the easiest thing to give. You want to give something different and something useful. I did some digging and have rounded up a few of my favourites that I think fit the bill of being different and useful.
You can find these gifts at one of my favourite online stores uncommongoods, a collection of interesting products, created by artists. They look for designers that serve a purpose, solve a problem and stun the company with their beauty. From fabulous products for your home, jewellery, gifts and one of my fav links to click is the “under $25 and $50”.
And of course, they have awesome gifts for your wedding party! Here are some of my favs for the guys...
1. Scotch Infused Toothpicks - What?! Mr. Fix-It would love if he got this. Love!
2. Neighbourhood Map Coasters - So cool. You can have snippets of your hood on the
3. Beard Pack - It's pretty common for many of the groomsmen to have beards. Why not
have those beards looking fab on the big day.
4. Whiskey Ice Balls - Yup
1. Agate Coasters - The agate is from Brazil. So pretty and girly.
2. Love Birch Cuff - This bracelet is just gorg.
3. Carry-On Cocktail Kit - Just get it. No words necessary!
4. Wishing Ball - So many wishes and what a better time to give the girls you love a place to
5. Heart Umbrella - This umbrella is just adorable and unique. I would love to get this!
Couple showers are popular and now that the bride and groom have often already been living together, they don’t need the basics to start up their home. They need fun stuff!
1. Beer Jelly - Craft beer infused. All you need is the baguette.
2. My Family Cookbook - This is one of my favourite gift ideas. Would be awesome if you
could get your hands on the couple's fav family recipes and have them made into their
own family cookbook. Too cute.
3. DIY Hot Sauce Kit - Just get it. This is awesome.
4. Molecular Gastronomy Kit - This is all the rage in restaurants. Now the newlyweds can
have an extra fancy dinner party :)
5. Water Garden - This is just cool, cute and funny!
Wedding planning can have a list a mile long. If you know anyone that needs to knock gift ideas off their wedding list, I bet they will find them at uncommongoods. Don't even get me started on their kids stuff and easy DIY kits for the win!
*This post has been sponsored by uncommongoods. You know how I only promote brands and products that I love because I think you'll love them too.