Last weekend was a cool, Fall weekend at the cottage. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing and the fire was going. Who craves a salad on that kind of day? Not me. We wanted something warm in our bellies. Mum whipped out her Real Simple magazine and whipped up this delicious meal. I definitely recommend it....
Meatloaf with Roasted Tomatoes
Now I'm the first to admit that meatloaf just doesn't get my mouth watering...UNTIL I had this one. It's yummy! Here's the recipe.
Mum paired it up with this delicious side...
Fluffy Baked Mashed Potatoes
Now, if you're trying to keep that waist size down then I suggest you eat these babies on your "cheat" day because they're not the "lightest". However, they taste light and fluffy and they're just scrumptous. Anything with a stick of butter and cream cheese mixed in to it has to be delicious right?! Be warned that once you make them, it looks like a white soup in your dish but I promise they will look just like the picture when you take them out of that oven!!
Here's what you need:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (5-6), peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces, plus more for the baking dish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400° F. Fill a large pot with the potatoes and 1 inch of water. Bring to a simmer, cover, and steam until very tender, 18 to 22 minutes. Strain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, 2 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash until smooth. Fold in the eggs; transfer to a buttered 8-by-8-inch or other 2-quart baking dish. Bake until set and golden, 25 to 30 minutes (or 40 minutes if refrigerated before baking).
We had our meatloaf and potatoes with green beans. If you need a little comfort food this weekend this is definitely a fresh.fabulous.sophisticated way to fill your bellies with a little love.
Keep it Beautiful..