I've been wanting to do some art for my big guy's room but wanted to do something that clearly didn't require Picaso status. I needed simple, simple, simple due to my lack of drawing and painting skills.
A fellow blogger at Honey We're Home made art for her office out of paint chips. Its a fresh.fabulous.sophisticated idea that is easy, cute and looks great. Check it out: http://honeywerehome.blogspot.ca/2012/03/diy-paint-chip-art.html
I adapted it a bit for my big guy's room. Here is what I did:
- art canvas
- Paint chits (whatever colours your heart desires) - Mine were from Home Depot
- Stamp punch
- Adhesive foam circles
- Paint your canvas the colour of your choice (I painted it the colour of my big guy's wall - Benjamin Moore November Skies). You can also keep your canvas white if you wish.
- Punch tons of shapes out of the paint chits using your punch stamp. I used a Martha Stewart star shape that I picked up at Michael's. This process was actually really quick, I punched out the stars while watching tv one night. Super easy.
- Place an adhesive foam circle on the back of each star
- Stick the star to the canvas. I just eyeballed it to make sure the stars were straight. Continue until you fill the canvas.
An easy, simple and cute art project. You could do this for anywhere in your house with different kinds of shapes. It would look cute in an office or a kitchen.
My big guy loved the art for his room and decided that he wanted to make one too. Here is his...fresh.fabulous.sophisticated.
Keep it Beautiful is on TWITTER! Check it out...search - keepitbeauitufu1 (*note that it is a "1" at the end, not a "l").
Keep it Beautiful.
DIY PAINT CHIT ART
- NEW? START HERE!
- OUR HOME
- HIRE ME!