Hi everyone! It's our first Wednesday Yummies of 2014 and I have one of my fav recipes to share with you.
Do you love fajitas? Mmmm, they are one of my favourite things to eat. I have a really yummy recipe to share with you. I've been making these for years and my mum has made them for even longer. They were a staple in our house growing up and I probably make them once every two weeks. It's easy and oh so delicious! The secret is in the spice mix. Here we go...
What You Need:
- Olive Oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken - I usually use one chicken breast per person, cut up in cubes (or you can use beef, pork, or just go veggie styles)
- Red, Yellow, Green Pepper (sliced thinly)
- Onion (sliced thinly)
- The secret spice mix - add 1tsp of each to a dish ***cumin, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne (I don't put that much cayenne in it or you might feel like your mouth is on fire)**
- 1 cup chicken stock (you can use beef or veggie stock also)
- Tortillas (I use the whole wheat soft ones)
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream, cheese, hot peppers, rice, guacamole...whatever your heart desires
What You Do:
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the peppers and onion in olive oil.
2. Once the peppers and onions are relatively soft, add your spice mix to the pan and sauté for one minute.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to boil.
4. OKAY...this is the part that goes AGAINST everything you've been taught about chicken. You actually put the raw chicken into the pot and cook it all up while it's boiling. Seems totally weird right? Normally you cook the chicken first and add it at the end. I promise you...after eating this recipe for over 25 years...all has been good. Just do it!
5. Let that simmer away until the chicken is cooked. Your liquid will also reduce a little bit.
This recipe is a fresh.fabulous.sophisticated weeknight meal or double and triple it up to feed a crowd. Let me know what you think!
Keep it Beautiful.
Linked with: www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com
- NEW? START HERE!
- OUR HOME
- HIRE ME!