Did you have a great weekend? We spent our weekend cozy at the cottage. It was nice to get away from the city, watch movies, make a snowman, play and chill.
It's a new week and I have something really fun for you! For the next 4 weeks, follow five Ottawa bloggers as we set our tables, deck our halls & try to survive the holiday season with style & cheer. Grab your eggnog and toast to the season with us every Monday until Dec 23rd. Happy Holidays!
So...this Monday we're talking...
GIFTS! GIFTS! GIFTS!
Hostess gifts! What do you bring when you're invited to a party? There's the standard bottle of wine...don't get me wrong...you can bring me wine anytime ;) However, it is nice to switch it up once and awhile and get creative while keeping it easy peasy.
Here are some ideas that I've rounded up...
2. Tea Towels. Why not wrap up a couple of pretty holiday tea towels in pretty ribbon and maybe add a fun coloured spatula for your hostess.
3. Ornament. I really like this monogram ornament you can order online from Pottery Barn. It's classy, festive and personal. $9.95
4. Homemade soup. Next time you're making soup, add a little extra in a mason jar, attach a little ribbon and note for your host. A perfect meal for your host the day after their party when they don't want to cook!
5. Snow Globes. Aren't these pretty from West Elm? I would like to get one, wouldn't you? $20.95
6. Monogram Wine Stopper. I'm a sucker for monograms...hence my Christmas Monogram Wreath last week. These are cute from Pottery Barn $20.68
7. Crafty Beer. How cute are these reindeer? Great idea from New Nostalgia
8. Pumpkin Pie Spice. This is just yummy to receive. It's all ready for you to add the love to your pie.
9. Candles. Candles are always lovely. Next time you're out and about, pick up some pretty votive holders for your next party host.
10. Napkins. Festive holiday napkins are always useful!
11. Bake! This is my dad's cheese bread recipe and it's fabulous!! Feel free to make it, wrap it up in foil, add a little note that says "From my family to yours...Happy Holidays" and finish with a fresh.fabulous.sophisticated bow around it.
Something else you could give your host, is make a donation in their name to a charity of your choice. One suggestion would be to the Canadian Red Cross for the people in the Philippines.
My fellow Ottawa bloggers have some great gift ideas for you today. Go check them out and we'll all be sharing more festive love next Monday!
Meredith & Sue @ Newberry Sykes
Fiona @ Just Settle Down
Gemma @ The Sweetest Digs
Lisa @ Lisa Goulet Design
Alicia @ Keep it Beautiful
Keep it Beautiful.