I've got something oh-so-yum to share with you. Do you love salads in the summer? That fresh, crisp lettuce just tastes so much better when it's hot outside.
Having a big yummy salad for dinner is one of our fav summer meals, however I often find that if the salad isn't "hearty" enough then Mr. Fix-It and I are often wandering down to the kitchen for a bed time snack. I've got a salad for you today that will keep your tummy full until bedtime and keeps your kitchen cool because we're using the BBQ!
I've told you before about some of my fav products from Blue Dragon. I've used them for planning and making a Chinese New Year feast as well as whipping up a date-night menu for Mr. Fix-It and I. Yum. Today I've got a salad that I think you will want to make tonight.
Here's What You Need:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used 2)
- Blue Dragon Chilli Coconut Stirfry Sauce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- Oil & Vinegar
Here's What You Do:
1. In a small dish, pour the Blue Dragon Chilli Coconut Stirfry Sauce over the chicken. Let that marinade and chicken be happy as long as you can. Mine hung out in the fridge for most of the day. I know this photo doesn't look super appetizing but since when does raw chicken look delicious?!
2. Cut your chicken into chunky cubes and thread them on your skewers. I used wooden skewers so I gave them a soak in a glass for about 20 minutes before hand. This prevents them from burning on the BBQ. Place the chicken skewers on your grill. It should be on medium heat.
3. While your skewers are getting toasty, make up your salad. Cut your lettuce, dice up your mango, add a good handful of cherry tomatoes and your crutons. Make up your dressing....literally oil & vinegar. How easy is that?
4. Once your chicken is done, lay one across your salad, sprinkle your chopped cilantro and squeeze out a little lime juice from your lime. You now have a fresh.fabulous.sophisticated summer salad that has heat from the chilli coconut sauce, Asian flavor, it's healthy, filling and no need to turn on that stove. Sounds like a great dinner for a Wednesday!
Blue Dragon Canada is still running their awesome contest on their Facebook page. They're giving away a package full of Blue Dragon products to 5 winners. Yum! You should check it out!
Keep it Beautiful.
“Disclosure:I am part of the Blue Dragon Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada
and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”