I've got something delicious for you. Do you love rhubarb? Picking the rhubarb from my garden at this time every year is a sure sign that summer has officially begun. I've got a yummy rhubarb crisp recipe that is easy to make and tastes oh-so-yummy! Last week our big guy stayed up later and helped me bake this up...
Here's What You Need:
1 cup of sugar
3 tbsp all purpose flour
3 cups of diced rhubarb
3 cups of diced strawberries
1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup of butter
1 cup rolled oats
Here's What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
2. Mix white sugar, 3 tbsp of flour, strawberries and rhubarb. Place in a 9X13 dish (I actually used a deep dish pie plate (my Nana's) and had enough to make a smaller that I froze).
3. Mix 1 1/2 cups of flour, brown sugar, butter and oats until crumbly. Yummy.
This is our big guy workin' the pastry cutter...
4. Place the crumble over the top of the strawberry rhubarb mixture.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Oh heaven on a plate! Warm strawberry rhubarb crisp with a little vanilla ice cream? Yup. Summer is here!
Keep it Beautiful.
- NEW? START HERE!
- OUR HOME
- HIRE ME!