Do you love muffins? My family has a total crush on them! We always have them in the house or treating the kids to one at Starbucks. However, I don't always like what's in them. Sometimes muffins are like eating a small cake for breakfast and sugar and fillers just aren't the greatest ingredients to start my family's day off or fuel the 3pm hunger pain. So...enter in these fresh.fabulous.sophisticated muffins!! I love them, my kids and Mr. Fix-It love them and they are sneakily filled with a few ingredients that my little ones would NEVER EAT! ie: ZUCCHINI!
AND...they are LOW FAT, FLUFFY and have MUCHO PROTEIN!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp coconut oil **this is my fav new oil. I bought a huge tub of it at Costco. Delish!
- 1/4 cup honey **this is the only sugar in this...okay fine...I added chocolate chips too
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini **I told my kids they were green sprinkles
- 2 tbsp. applesauce
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt **you could use non-fat here if you wanted
- sprinkle flax seed
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips **I splurged and added Callebaut chocolate chips...GET IN MY BELLY THEY ARE SO DELISH! It felt like they cost a zillion dollars when I bought them at the local truffle store but once I ate one I was hooked!
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and flax. Set aside.
3. Squeeze the water out of the shredded zucchini with a paper towel.
4. In the electric mixer, add bananas, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs. Mix until smooth. Add in zucchini, applesauce and yogurt. Beat until combined. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't over mix it, you want moist muffins. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Add the batter to the liners and bake for 18-20 mins until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
These muffins look yummy and your bod will thank you.
Keep it Beautiful.
Linked to: A Pretty Life
- NEW? START HERE!
- OUR HOME
- HIRE ME!