Well, first I'm happy to report that the fireplace is DONE! Well, pretty much. We still need to tile the surround (although I'm kinda diggin' the look of the brick!) and need to find a perfect mirror for the upper piece. However, I'm in fireplace HEAVEN! If I do say myself, she's a beauty. It all came together and is the focal point of the room that we were looking for. PHEW!!
I'm going to borrow a friend's camera to take some proper "after" shots so you can see the big reveal. Stay tuned!!
Also...gourmet dinner on Sat night...the food was fab! You should definitely use any one of those recipes if you are looking for something fresh.fabulous.sophisticated to serve at your next dinner party.
As for tonight...need an easy yummy dinner idea? This was on our dinner table last night and it's super delish and easy! Its pasta with spinach + goat cheese + sundried tomatoes = heaven in my mouth!
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Light Sour Cream
Pasta- whatever you like or have around- use whole wheat as a way to up the fiber factor!
Parmesan+Romano+Asiago Cheese blend (or whatever you have on hand)
1. Heat EVOO ( about 3 Tbsps) in a skillet
2. add 2 Tsps of minced garlic
3. Add spinach ( about 3/4 of a bag or if you love spinanch, add it all. It widdles down to nothing).
4. Add S+P to taste
5. Chop sun dried tomatoes (if you love 'em, add lots) or you could use fresh tomatoes and add them to the spinach mixture
5. Add about 3/4 cup of the hot pasta water to the spinach mix once the pasta is done cooking
6. Add about 1/2 cup -3/4 cup light sour cream and stir in the mixture
7. Add creamy goat cheese to mixture, I used about 2-3 tbsp worth
Once all the sour cream and goat cheese is melted together with spinach and sun dried tomato blend add the pasta and combine all together. Sprinkled the Parm/romano/asiago blend and some ground pepper to top it all off.
Get in my belly! Is it too early to eat my leftovers for lunch?
Keep it Beautiful.
This link has been shared with: